INDIVIDUAL RESEARCH REPORT
Assessment 1 (External Supply Chain Analysis) is intended to test the students understanding of the materials covered between week 1 and week 3. The assessment requires analysing the supply chain of a focal food processing company ( *Australia company only ). The project report should be in the format of a business report as you would submit to the CEO or management of any business, in a professional style.
The report must contain:
Supply Chain Map & Description
Answers to Questions 1-4 (see below) in one cohesive text
List of References
Appendices as required
The questions for the assessment are:
1. Describe the product and its key characteristics with relation to the objective and perceived sources of quality explained in the textbook.
Students will need to research and find information about the product in addition to reflecting on the quality explanation from chapter 2 of the textbook.
2. Explain why it is important for organisations to continue innovating this product, how this innovation impacts the supply chain and the type(s) of product innovation categories this product went through during its lifecycle. This will need to be explained in relation to the chapters covered in the textbook.
Students will need to research and explain why it is important to continue innovating this product and how this innovation will impact the supply chain. Students will need to reflect on the explanation from chapter 3 of the textbook to identify the different innovation categories that the product went through during its lifecycle.
3. Research and explain all the necessary external entities for delivering that product.
Students will need to reflect on the explanation from lectures and tutorials by showing the role of the different entities in the network of companies making the product available to the end customer.
4. Research and explain how the needed supplies can be made sustainable for protecting the continuous flow of that product.
Students will need to reflect on various forces that could cause supplies disruptions and recommend ways for protecting and making supplies sustainable which can help in protecting the continuous flow of that product.
5. Draw a detailed computerised process map/model that can incorporate your ideas about how supply can be made sustainable. The process map/model should take into perspective the range of interactions between organisations, suppliers and customers when seeking to deliver supplies.
Students will need to collate their research from parts 4 and 5 for drawing a detailed computerised process map/model that can incorporate all aspects of the supply chain.
Length: Maximum Length 1800 – 2000 words including references list
Due date: Beginning of lecture on the 5th of March 2013
Assessment details: The assessment must be Harvard referenced, typed, Arial 12 font, 1.5 spaced and delivered in a business style report. The structure must contain relevant headings and sections with a focus on providing real insight into the specific question. The marking sheet in Appendix A and the full turnitin report will need to be attached to the back of the submitted assessment. Additional requirements are listed in the briefing document.
NB: Using Wikipedia for referencing is not allowed and will result in the loss of marks. More details are available in the assessment briefing document.
Marking criteria: The Marking Criteria is provided in Appendix A of this document
Contribution to Student learning outcomes This assignment will contribute to outcomes 1, 2, 3 and 4
APPENDIX A: ASSESSMENT MARKING CRITERIA – SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
1. Organisation 15% V. High High Mod Low V. Low
Correct structure & meeting presentation requirements 5 4 3 2 1
Abiding by word count 5 4 3 2 1
Referencing system is consistent and appropriate 5 4 3 2 1
2. Relevance 20%
Covered topic is clear throughout the report 5 4 3 2 1
Information used is relevant to the topic 5 4 3 2 1
Evidence of careful thought about the theme 5 4 3 2 1
Key sub-themes identified and analysed 5 4 3 2 1
3. Research 45%
Evidence of adequate reading/minimum 15 references 10 8 6 4 2
Relevant concepts are well researched 10 8 6 4 2
Arguments and assertions are supported by evidence/ references 10 8 6 4 2
Evidence of understanding of the area 10 8 6 4 2
There is a logic and coherent argument 5 4 3 2 1
4. Supply Chain/ Process Map 20%
Depth of the process map 10 8 6 4 2
Professional and computerised presentation 10 8 6 4 2
TOTAL MARK _____________________
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]