BMBR5103 – BUSINESS RESEARCH METHODS
ASSIGNMENT 1 (50%)
Prepare a research proposal based on the following structure:
i) Research Background
• Discuss the background of the research that will be conducted. The research
must be in your area of interest or study. (do not try to solve a country wide
ii) Problem Statement
• Discuss the research problem that will be investigated.. List down the main
problems and FOUR (4) related sub-problems. You need to have references from
literature (at least 5 references) to support the problems accordingly. This can be
from book, journals or conference proceedings.
• Justify why these problems need to be addressed and what are the
consequences of not addressing it.
iii) Research Objectives and the Scope of the Research
• What are the objectives of the proposed research? The discussion of the
objectives must be addressing the problem. You need to have between 3 to 5
• What is the scope of the proposed research? The scope must be realistic and
B) LITERATURE REVIEW
Provide a CRITICAL REVIEW of the literature (at least 25 related literature is required) in the
proposed research areas/topics. Take note that literature review is NOT just recitation of
previous research. Outline the weakness of previous research (if there are any) and explain
how you propose to overcome them in your research. Develop some propositions based on
your preliminary findings and observations.
ASSIGNMENT 1 – BMBR5103
C) THEORETICAL FRAMEWORK
Based on the result of your preliminary findings through secondary data analyses, literature
review and qualitative research, draw a diagram to identify and show the relationship
between the independent, dependent, moderator and/or mediator variables. Students should
use proper symbols/arrows when drawing the conceptual framework. Indicate the moderator
variables and/or mediator variables if any, by properly locating their position in the diagram.
(Please refer to any good academic journal for examples of how this is done).
1. How would you conceptualise variables or elements in the conceptual framework,
systems architecture, conceptual model or model?
2. Provide an operational definition for each of the variables or elements.
(Do not forget to cite the source of reference)
The framework must be presented in a diagrammatic format to show how the
variables/elements are inter-related.
Based on the theoretical framework, formulate the main hypotheses of the research (if
required). Hypotheses must be properly worded (see published articles for examples).
[TOTAL: 50 MARKS]
Please adhere to the following requirements for the project submission standard format:
a. Font size: 11;
b. Font type: Times New Roman;
c. Line Spacing: 1 ½;
d. Margin – default setting;
e. Number of pages: 10 pages (text and important figures only) excluding references,
and cover page.
• Assignments should be submitted according to the fixed date.
• You are to submit a softcopy of your assignment online through myVLE and a hardcopy
to your facilitator.
• Plagiarism is not acceptable.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.