Assignment Title: Microbiological Report
2. Describe the diversity of micro-organisms
An understanding of the diversity and importance of micro-organisms will allow you to realise these organisms can be seen as the most valuable in the biosphere.
Brief: Task 2
Discuss the diversity of micro-organisms indicating the multitude of roles they play managing life as we know it.
Please take note of the assessment criteria and weightings below.
1. Demonstrates evidence of planning of the report through production of an outline draft.(5%) ignore this
2. Demonstrates evidence of a clear knowledge and understanding of the diversity of microbial life. (50%)
3. Evaluates the roles of micro-organisms in the natural environment. (40%)
4. Demonstrates evidence of appropriate research and referencing.(5%)
Type of assignment: Written report
Word count: 1500 words
All text should be fully justified, size 12 Arial font, with 1.5 line spacing, and normal margins. The report should contain page numbers and a header indicating your name, the module code and the assignment title. You must include a completed assignment submission cover sheet. Reference relevant sources using the appropriate Harvard Referencing system.
Burdass.D, (2009) The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly , London: Society for General Micro-biology ISBN 10: 0953683850
Champe,P, Harvey,R, Fisher,B, (2006) Microbiology. London: Lippacott Williams and Wilkins ISBN 10: 0781782155
Madigan,M.T., Martuko,J.,Dunlop,P.,Clark,D (2008) Brock Biology of Micro-organisms. London:Pearson Education ISBN 10: 0321536150