Please choose a topic and write a Proposal Outlining the choice of a topic, indicating why this topic is of interest and why you choose to research and write on this topic.
• Porter’s value proposition
• In organisations considered as learning systems, strategic management becomes the educating process of change agents, the institutional actors. The balance between rationalisation, innovation and preservation needs to be addressed
• Mintzberg et al., (1998) strategy: an emergent rather than planned organizational phenomenon.
• Pettigrew’s (1985) dominant groups are protected by the ‘existing bias of the structures and cultures of an organization’
• Chandler, A.D. (1962) Strategy and Structure: Does strategy follow structure or does structure follow stategy?
• The differences between the positioning approach to strategy in terms of identifying opportunities, as opposed to the resourced based view of strategy