* Review the growth chart data provided on James’ Growth Chart
* Locate the corresponding growth charts on the CDC website and compare the child’s data to the clinical growth charts.
* Determine whether the child has a normal or abnormal growth based on the average growth rate. How would you appropriately record this in their growth charts?
* Consider your findings. What additional diagnostic tests or assessment tools should be used with the child? Why?
* Describe the growth of each child as indicated in his or her Growth Chart
* Identify which clinical chart you used for each child.
Identify which charts indicate normal and abnormal growth. For each child with abnormal growth, describe the nature of the abnormality. Is the growth abnormally high or low? How extreme is the abnormality?
* Explain how you would appropriately record the developmental status of each child in the growth chart.
Analyze the implications for each child with abnormal growth. Identify at least one health condition or problem that could be the cause of the abnormality.
* Explain any additional diagnostic tests or assessment tools you would recommend. Justify why those tests and tools would be appropriate.
Write an explanation of the health issues and risks that are relevant to the child you selected. Describe additional information you would need in order to further assess his or her weight-related health. Taking into account the parents’ and caregivers’ potential sensitivities, list at least three specific questions you would ask about the child to gather more information. Provide at least two strategies you could employ to encourage the parents or caregivers to be proactive about their child’s health and weight.
USE CURRENT RESOURCES NOT OLDER THAN 5 YEARS.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2012). Childhood overweight and obesity. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/childhood/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2009). Clinical growth charts.
Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/clinical_charts.htm
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.