Forensic entomology (FE) is the study of insects as it relates to criminal or civil investigations. In criminal cases, it is used to determine postmortem interval. In civil cases, FE may be used because of the introduction of insects into a consumer product or infestation of a structure. A blowfly is an insect commonly used to aid in the determination of postmortem interval.
Research the use of the blowfly in determining postmortem interval.
- Describe the stages of the life cycle of the blowfly?
- How long is its life cycle (hours/days/weeks/years)?
- How does temperature and moisture affect the length of the blowfly’s life cycle?
- When time of death is in question, what is the process by which a forensic entomologist would collect samples?
- What other information must an FE gather at the scene during the investigation?
- What does the FE attempt to accomplish after gathering samples and information and bringing the items back to the laboratory?
- How does the infestation of the blowfly affect the rate of decomposition?
- After certain lengths of time, other insects infest the remains of a body. Provide examples of the other insects that do this. What are the time intervals in which infestation occurs?
4 pages and no more then 25% plaigiarism
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.