1. About what percentage of the Earth’s surface is covered by water?
2. Where did life on Earth most probably evolved?
3. What does most of the matter in the universe appear to consist of?
4. List the origins of the ocean in order of importance.
5. Approximately when was the first awareness of the spherical shape of the Earth developed in Europe?
6. Which was the first expedition to undertake a long ocean voyage in vessels specially designed and constructed for the purpose of long-distance travel ?
7. Who was the “first ocean scientist?”
8. Why was John Harrison’s invention of the chronometer important?
9. Which man was the first to publish a reasonably accurate chart of an ocean current?
10. Glomar Challenger is known mainly for_________.
11. List the inner layers of the Earth and their composition.
12. Define latitude and longitude.
13. Define the following terms:
buoyant (or isostatic) equilibrium
Mid ocean ridges
14. If two oceanic plates collide at a relatively fast speed, and one is much older and cooler (therefore denser) than the other, what will probably happen?
15. List the evidence for plate tectonics.
16. List and describe the parts of the continental margins (ie. continental slope, rise, etc).
17. How are the coastal margins classified?
18. Describe hydrothermal springs or vents.
19. Describe the formation of atolls.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.