I. General Ideas:
1. Read, mark, discuss, and reread the essays in the course packet: “Shop ‘til We Drop?” “Lunchbox Hegemony,” “Which One of These Sneakers Is Me?” “”Lux Populi, “With These Words I Can Sell You Anything,” “Economy.”
2. Analyze and assess your consumption patterns and your attitude about consumption. Analyze and assess the influence of advertising and marketing in your consumption patterns and attitude. Use and refer to two of the published essays listed above.
The published essays are rich in ideas and claims. You may recognize yourself, or you may find you’re nothing like the kind of consumer the authors discuss. In a sense, what you’re doing is affirming or refuting the writers’ ideas and claims, based on your own thinking and experience. Avoid superficiality. This writing task requires deep thought, reflection, and analysis, as well as skillful use of sources.
3. When quoting, paraphrasing, summarizing, and referring to the published essays, be sure to identify the author and the essay. Check the MLA guidelines on how to do that. A good source for finding such information is through the SSC Writing Center site:
or the Purdue OWL: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/
Be sure to have a directly-stated thesis somewhere in the essay.
II. Format and Other Matters:
1. The paper should be about 1100 words, no less than 950 and no more than 1300.
2. The paper should be titled, and it should be typed in 12 point font, New Times Roman or similar style, one inch margins.
3. A presentable draft is due Monday, November 23. Bring four copies to class that day by 9:00 a.m., and post the presentable draft by 11:59 p.m. the same day. Any paper that does not go through the WIT process will not be accepted.
4. The final draft is due Monday, November 30, by 9:00 a.m. Post a copy of the final draft by 11:59p.m. the same day.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.