Please follow the instructions carefully AND answer the questions.
1) Maximum of 10% quoted material. Less is better.
2) The citation entries should be listed in alphabetical order by the authors’ last names and cited using MLA format.
1) Introduction: To get maximum points students should include an attention grabbing lead sentence; background information, a clear and focused thesis statement. This could be a strong statement, a relevant quotation, statistic, or question addressed to the reader. There should be a clear statement of the author’s position on the topic.
2) The body (core of the essay): To get maximum points students should include 3 or more pieces of evidence (facts, statistics, examples, real-life experiences) that support the position statement. Additionally, the writer should anticipate the reader’s concerns, biases or arguments and should provide the required counter-arguments.
3) Conclusion: Maximum Points will be awarded if the conclusion is strong and leaves the reader solidly understanding the writer’s position. Effective restatement of the position statement in the closing paragraph should also be included to have perfect score.
Here are the questions to be answered:
1- Some say oil is the excrement of the devil, oil is black blood, oil is the blood of the dinosaur, oil is the blood of the earth. However, most would agree that oil is the blood stream of the world economy. Rebate this notion.
2- Discuss how we are moving from an era of cheap abundant energy to an era of scare hard to get expensive energy.
3- Why are oil exporting nations interested in keeping the world dependent on oil as long as possible?
4- Increased unemployment, poverty, bankruptcy, starvation there are all kinds of things that happen when a society collapses. We are entering a new world of unbelievable oil shortages and it’s only a few years away. Discuss how this will affect your life.
5- Describe how oil is not like wheat, we are not growing it every year. The great bilk of the worlds oil was formed in two very brief epochs, in periods of extreme global warming 90 and 150 M years ago. When the organic material was buried to a depth of 2000 m, a chemical reaction converted it into oil. Formed once, briefly over 4 B years of geological time.
6- All the oil created over earth’s 4 B years, humans will use up in one or two centuries. How will this affect an engineers career?
7- One barrel of oil costing just over $100 will produce as much energy as you can get from 12 people working all year. Invest $1 to extract oil out Iraq and get back 25,000 hours of human labor. How can we replace oil?
8- Oil is our god. This energy is so dense it nearly free energy. The most invaluable resource we have ever discovered.
9- What is the actual cost of products you enjoy? Discuss why the construction of an average car consumes the energy equivalent of 27 and 54 BBL of oil. Construction of a laptop PC consume 10 times their weight in fossil fuels. Microchips consumes 630 times its weight in fossil fuel during its construction. What is all this going to cost when we run out of cheap oil?
10- There are 7 B people living on the planet. Most are reasonably well fed as a consequence of the green revolution. Describe how the green revolution consisted in large measures of fertilizing land with petrochemicals derived from petroleum.
11- For every calorie you eat, requires 10 calorie of hydrocarbons energy to produce. How are we to feed 9 B people by 2050?
12- The liquids that come out of oil as it’s processed and refined, create the building blocks for all our petrochemical, chemicals, materials, plastics and pharmaceuticals. How will engineering adapt to a world without cheap oil?
13- How the end of cheap oil affect your career?
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.