Paper #2: First Draft Due December 1, 2015; Final Draft Due December 8, 2015
The second paper is intended to provide a forum for a more in-depth personal response to the biblical texts. The basis for your reflections in this paper should be:
1. The biblical reading from either Job or Ecclesiastes
2. The corresponding chapter from Kreeft’s Three Philosophies of Life
3. Your own personal experience
Option 1: the Book of Job as it relates to the mystery of human suffering. In this paper you may wish to address questions such as the following:
1) Do you see any similarities between Job’s situation and people you know or have known (including yourself)? What attitudes or emotions do you experience when forcefully confronted with the reality of human suffering?
2) How do you feel about the three friends who came to comfort Job? Do you sympathize with them? How would you critique the approach they take with Job?
3) What theological questions does the reality of suffering raise when it is deeply and personally experienced as with Job? What questions are raised for those who witness the suffering of others? How does God fit in the picture?
4) Do Kreeft’s reflections on Job provide deeper insight into the questions the Book of Job raises? Are there statements of his with which you especially agree or disagree based on your own experience (first or second hand) of suffering?
Option 2: the Book of Ecclesiastes (also known as Qoheleth) as it relates to questions concerning the meaning of life and the problem of death. In this paper you may wish to address questions such as the following:
1) What is the meaning of life according to Ecclesiastes? Do you ever pause to consider questions of ultimate meaning? What is the problem with “short-range meanings”?
2) Why is death such a problem for Ecclesiastes? Is it a problem for you in your own experience or search for meaning? What might explain the similarities or differences between these attitudes with regard to death?
3) What is your reaction after reading the Book of Ecclesiastes? Does it surprise you that this book is in the Bible?
4) Do Kreeft’s reflections on Ecclesiastes provide deeper insight into the questions the Book of Ecclesiastes raises? Are there statements of his with which you especially agree or disagree based on your own experience of life and of death?
Your paper should be typed, double-spaced, and 3-4 pa
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.