Choose three or four poems from one of the following poets:
W. H. Auden (Norton pp 2677-2696)
Dylan Thomas (Norton pp 2697- 2703)
Philip Larkin (Norton pp 2781-2788)
Thom Gunn (Norton pp 2796-2799)
Derek Walcott (Norton pp 2807)
Ted Hughes (Norton pp 2808- 2814)
Seamus Heaney (Norton 2951-2966)
To research an extract or passage of literature: poetry. This should
be a text of suitable length and depth, and selected from the
. The choice must be approved by the lecturer. It is important that you choose from a period of the twentieth Century and after. Both the literary text and your research articles must be in English.
Write an analytical, evaluative essay based on close reading and research.
Specific outcomes (from the CRS)
1. Examine critically the use of language and context of literature, narrative and character,
awareness of genre, and write with insight and direct textual reference.
2. Analyze and explore the perspectives of author and reader and develop an awareness of relationships between language and social, cultural and historical themes.
3. Utilize critical methods towards the evaluation and interpretation of texts in their linguistic patterns, formal expression, and moral and philosophical purposes.
4. Apply the tools and terminology of literary analysis; articulate with clarity and accuracy his/her viewpoint and argument.
Organization & Methodology
1. The essay must be 1500words (+/- 10%) long.
2. Use Times New Roman, Size: 12, Space: Double.
4. Your essay must include an introduction with a thesis statement, body paragraphs,
conclusion and reference list.
5. You must submit your project to Turnitin via Moodle. The latest Turnitin report should be printed and attached to the back of your project
6. Submit your paper stapled but with NO plastic folders.
7. Research and References:
1) You must carry out research for literary criticism in order to support your own
2) Define the nature and scope of the task.
3) Demonstrate linguistic and formal understanding of content, form, and genre.
4) Use accurate academic diction and appropriate literary terminology
5) You must use articles taken from reliable academic sources: e.g. Literary
Reference Centre, Ebsco and JSTOR
Wikipedia or answers.com are not accepted.
6) All sources must be in English.
7) Using these sources, you must include at least 3 in text citation references
(paraphrases) and at least 3 quotations (direct quotations) in your essay. This means
at least 6 references.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.