According to the American Lung Association, “each year, more than 400,000 Americans die of lung disease” (American Lung Association, 2009). In addition, lung disease is a chronic illness that impacts other systems of the body as those systems receive reduced oxygen flow diminishing quality of life and mobility. There are many pharmacological therapeutic experiments that can be used across the life span to treat respiratory disorders.
Gastrointestinal disorders are also very common and individuals frequently attempt to treat these disorders with over-the-counter medications. However, overuse of these medications can cause adverse side effects including constipation, diarrhea, or acid rebound.
This week, you will examine the drugs used to treat respiratory and GI disorders. You will explore the signs and symptoms of respiratory and GI disorders as well as the dangers of self-medication. In addition, the use of alternative treatments and lifestyle changes will be discussed.
By the end of this week, students will be able to:
Describe the mechanisms of action between different types of drugs used to treat respiratory and GI disorders
Explain the adverse side-effects of drugs used to treat respiratory and GI disorder
American Lung Association. (2009). American Lung Association data & statistics. Retrieved from http://www.lungusa.org/press-room/press-releases/death-rates-decreasing.html
GI-Peptic Ulcer Application Assignment Rubric
This rubric will be used to evaluate the Week 5 Application Assignment in this course. Carefully read this entire rubric before submitting your Application Assignment.
This Application Assignment is due by Day 7 of Week 5.
· This Application Assignment is worth a maximum of 200 points. Points for this assignment will be awarded as follows:
· 200–180 (Exemplary)
· 179–160 (Proficient)
· 159–140 (Sufficient)
· 139 > (Developing)
Note: All written assignments should reflect academic writing standards and have few, if any, spelling, grammar, or syntax errors.
200–180 Points (Exemplary) Paper or writing assignment exceeds the requirements and exceeds academic writing expectations. Each response:
· Explains in detail the differences and commonalities in mechanism of action between Histamine-2 antagonists, antacids, and proton pump inhibitors
· Describes multiple adverse effects the patient should be aware of while taking the prescribed medications in the case study
· Identifies the ailment and contributing factors associated with this case study’s drugs
· Explains in detail additional teaching that will be required prior to the patient’s discharge
· Demonstrates thorough reflection of knowledge of the pathopharmacology along with the role of a nurse as an in-field teacher
· Meets the minimum required page length: 2–3 pages
· Meets the requirements of the Application instructions and is submitted by the due date
· Is substantive, reflective, and evidence based
· Uses language that is appropriate, and generally clear and concise
· Has few errors in spelling, grammar, and synt
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.