Improving the Quantity and Quality of Wheat Production
I therefore propose to undertake a project on wheat breeding whose results will be used to make recommendations on the best time, best methods, and the appropriate selection criteria for selecting which wheat genetics to interbreed. This project is novel since it seeks to counter the effects of the anticipated wheat supply shortfall.
The project is basically a Gene-environment (G×E) interaction. The focus will be on how different genotypes wrought by breeding wheat with different genes composition respond to the environment. Different phenotypes will also be observed which will show the manifestation of the reaction of different genetic combinations to the environment. The focus of the project will be the physiological section traits, the optimal planting period, and planting methods.
This study intends to use phenotypic plant breeding techniques because it employs various breeding methodologies which provide ample room for comparison and determination of the best technique. The germplasm for the project will be collected from agricultural research centers, local, and foreign farmers. Different permutations for breeding will be generated depending on the germplasm collected; the resultant breeds will then be subjected to four stages of growth and observations at each stage. The environmental factors need not be controlled because that would be creating and artificial environment different from the one that would face the plans in real life. Instead, planting will be done at different times in order to observe how the wheat plants react to contingent different environments.
The project is about phenotyping. Yield will be analyzed qualitatively and quantitatively. Quantitative factors are grain size and weight while qualitative factors are resistance to biotic and abiotic factors.
1) Which breeding of wheat variety develops an improved specimen with high grain yield and quality?
2) What environmental conditions give the best nutrients, lights, and moisture requisite for successful wheat production?
3) Which planting period(s) coincide with the environment of best nutrients, lights, and moisture?
1) Breeding of certain varieties of wheat can yield an improved specimen with more adaptive features to give high yield and high quality.
2) Wheat production will thrive under unique environmental conditions with proper nutrients lights, and moisture.
3) Timing to plant during periods with the right conditions will make wheat production more efficient.
To investigate how wheat breeding, different environmental conditions, and timing of the planting period relate to grain yield and quality.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.