Case : David Berman
1. What is David Berman’s business model? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
2. What is the relationship between retailer’s inventory and their firm valuation?
3. Examine the impact of a $20 Million inventory write-off in the spreadsheet “David Berman Simplified Model.xls” on John B. Rivers’ market capitalization. Similarly, examine the impact of a $30 Million write-off on John B. Rivers’ market capitalization.
4. How much inventory should Berman expect to write off at John B. Rivers? What data or analysis could he use to refine his estimate?
Note: Please focus on the effects of inventory and inventory write-offs. Obtaining a precise valuation of John B. Rivers is not expected.
*Objective of the case study questions:
1. Develop awareness about the subjectivity of inventory valuation
2. Understand the relationship between inventory management strategy and earning for retailers
3. Understand the relationship between inventory valuation and firm valuation
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.