1) What is the foundation of morals? In other words, what does the theory ‘utilitarianism’ claim?
2) What are only things desirable as ends? What does it mean to say something is desirable as an end?
3) Egoism: the ethical doctrine that morality has its foundations in self-interest. Why is utilitarianism not egoism?
4) Why would someone say that “utilitarianism is a doctrine worthy of swine?”
5) What is Mill’s response to the objection that “utilitarianism is a doctrine worthy of swine?” (hint: he has three responses)
6) “It may be objected that many who are capable of the higher pleasures occasionally, under the influence of temptation, postpone them to the lower.” To what is this an objection? What is Mill’s response?
7) How is it possible to decide which are the best pleasures?
8) Explain the objection that happiness cannot be the rational purpose of life. Why would someone make this objection?
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.