An employee of 1995 Auto Corp. recently filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The charge states that 2 female employees in one of the nonunion satellite offices were subject to repeated and unwelcome sexual advances by their male supervisor who is on a work visa. The charge further states that the two women previously complained to the supervisor’s immediate superior letting him know they felt uncomfortable and would like the behavior to stop. The harassment did not stop, but rather, it continued over a period of 3 months. At that point, the female employees decided that the company would not help. They decided to file a claim with the EEOC, stating they were being sexually harassed at work.
The owner is certain the company can put together a response that will clear the company of the charge. He asked if you felt they had a pretty good case. You state that you are not legal counsel for 1995 Auto Corp.; however, you request permission to investigate the claim before giving your thoughts on the company’s policy documentation for a legal defense.
Given your knowledge of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, you are concerned with 1995 Auto Corp.’s ability to defend the EEOC charge. You plan to engage in your own investigation into the claim to learn more about the complaints made, who had knowledge, what type of investigation was conducted (if any), and what actions were taken.
As you prepare your strategy for investigating the claim and the union issues, consider the following:
- What is the legal definition for sexual harassment?
- What investigation process should 1995 Auto Corp. have engaged in when the claims were first made? Why will that be important to the defense of the EEOC charge?
- What is the legal liability for 1995 Auto Corp. if the EEOC investigation finds the charge to be factual with employer knowledge of the events? Consider the options of mediation versus litigation with regard to organizational cost.
- What should 1995 Auto Corporation do to prevent this type of charge in the future?
- What are your overall recommendations for the owner with regard to preparing a response to the EEOC charge?
- How should 1995 Auto Corp. address a harassment case when it involves employees with a work visa? Consider any special circumstances in employment law dealing with harassment and foreign labor in the workplace.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.