Roy is an 89-year-old retired pastor who was married for 60 years before the death of his wife 6 months ago. He now lives alone in a retirement community close to his daughter and her family. He recently stopped driving on the advice of his physician and depends on his daughter and grandchildren to help him with groceries and transport him to doctor’s appointments. Although in reasonably good health, he has lost weight over the past year and complains of feeling more tired than usual. Since his wife’s death, he has stopped going to his exercise class and prefers to eat his meals in his apartment rather than the community dining facility. He prepares his own meals, which usually include toast and coffee for breakfast, a meat or cheese sandwich with potato chips and milk for lunch, and canned soup or chili beans for dinner. He rarely eats between meals. Although usually at a healthy weight for his height, Roy’s family is concerned that he has lost 12 pounds since his wife’s death.
Answer TWO of the following questions. Be sure to begin the post with the number of the question you are answering. Pick a question that has not been answered if possible and remember to respond to least one of your classmates on a different day from your main post.
THE source to get the cited pg. Number is (UNDERSTANDING NUTRITION WHITNEY ROLFES 14TH EDITION) THIS AND UPLOADED FILE IS THE ONLY SOURCE TO BE USED.YOU CAN USE THE CLASSMATE POST AS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW TO WRITE MY POST. WHEN YOU FINISH IT SHOULD BE TWO QUESTION ANSWERED AND A RESPONSE TO THE CLASSMATE POST THAT I UPLOADED TO YOU. WHEN YOU ARE FINISH YOU SHOULD HAVE THRE PARAGRAPH. A POST FOR ME ANSWERING TWO SENTENCES AND RESPONSE TO CLASSMATE.
1. What risk factors for malnutrition apply to Roy?
2. Explain how the recent death of Roy’s wife may have contributed to his risk for malnutrition. What are some ways his friends and family may help him through this time?
3. Explain how Roy’s change in eating and exercise habits impacts his risk for sarcopenia. How does this impact his physical safety and self-sufficiency?
4. Describe two strategies that his family may use to help Roy maintain a normal weight and improve his nutritional status when he doesn’t feel like preparing meals.
5. What are some creative suggestions from the chapter that may help Roy and his family improve his intake of key nutrients? (Be specific about the suggestions and state which nutrients are increased by the suggestion)
6. From what you have learned in this chapter, what would you suggest to be the best nutritional approach to reduce Roy’s symptoms of depression and improve his quality of life?
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.