TOK ASSIGNMENT – LOGIC
Write about one of the following:
1. Would better decisions be made, and would the world therefore be a better place, if everyone made the effort to analyze all situations as rationally as possible and to avoid (a) invalid or fallacious reasoning and (b) intuitive decisions that do not involve reasoning?
2. Are there any situations in which it is better to use (a) invalid or fallacious arguments, than valid logical arguments, or (b) in which it is better to avoid the use of reasoning altogether by using intuition to make decisions?
• Illustrate your ideas with relevant examples. Original examples and examples from your own experience are preferable to using examples already used in class. Try to use several examples from a variety of different areas of human experience. As this is a short piece do not give long descriptions of your examples, but concentrate on analysis and argument.
• Make sure you address both (a) and (b).
• Make sure that you write clearly so that I can easily follow your train of thought.
• Justify your claims with rational arguments.
In this piece it will be important to distinguish between situations where invalid or fallacious reasoning is used and situations where there is no reasoning being used. Unfortunately the word illogical is commonly used to describe these two, quite different, situations. [Personally, I would prefer illogical to be used for poor reasoning and a logical for no reasoning.]
Length 500-800 words – include a word count. Hard Copy Due: Wed 2nd March 10:00am.
Word processed assignments must also be submitted to Turnitin by 4:00pm on March 2nd.
You are welcome to hand write, but should be prepared to type it up for Turnitin if requested.
Turnitin: Class Number: 11887708 TOKROBEY15/16SEM2
Entry password: wisdom Assignment: Resoning & Intuition Assignment
It is not necessary to research, in fact it is much better to use your own experience as material for this piece, but any sources used must be cited appropriately.
If you use books or websites to help you with written work you must list your sources in a proper bibliography. Quotes and information obtained from your sources must be linked to the bibliography. If you do not understand what constitutes plagiarism you must ask for guidance before the work is due.
Plagiarism in this assignment will result in U for the assignment, the HS Principal will be informed, and the plagiarism will be noted on your TOK report.
• Failure to produce the assignment will result in a maximum S for the overall semester grade.
• Failure to produce an assignment of the required length will result in a lowered grade.
• Late work will receive a lowered grade.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.