Write a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper in which you describe the pre-trial process for a fictional character named Daniel Mayfruit. Mayfruit has been arrested for the crime of homicide in your home state.
Include the following components in your paper:
- Discuss steps that must take place in the criminal justice process between Mayfruit’s arrest and the actual trial in his case. Cover any rights that Mayfruit has during this pre-trial period.
- Include a discussion of the rules governing discovery in criminal cases in your home state, and why discovery can be important for Mayfruit and the prosecution.
- Assume that Mayfruit’s criminal charge of homicide was based on evidence obtained from inside an automobile that Mayfruit was driving at the time he was pulled over by police and a question arises as to the validity of the traffic stop. What types of pre-trial motions and evidentiary issues might Mayfruit’s defense attorney present to the court for consideration prior to the commencement of the trial?
- Depending on the outcome of the pre-trial motions, Mayfruit and his attorney may wish to consider attempting to negotiate a plea bargain with the prosecutor. Discuss how the process of plea bargaining works and what types of plea bargains are available.
- Discuss the various pleas that Mayfruit could enter in this case and the ramifications of each.
Include at least three references. One reference may be your textbook.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.