Anth 140: Hominin Research Paper
The Research assignment this semester is for you to write a short paper (4 – 6 pages) on a topic that interests you about human evolution. You must use at least five reliable sources for this paper. Use the college library databases, the course textbook, reliable websites (.edu or .org). Include an APA-style reference page that contains full citation for every source used to write your paper (no annotations).
Choose one of the following topics:
1) Homo naledi: What is the evidence for this controversial new discovery? How does it compare to other species (H. floresiensis, H. habilis, H. erectus, H. sapiens). Is there enough evidence to consider this to be a new species?
2) Homo floresiensis: is this a separate early species or just a microcephalic version of modern humans? This topic could include discussion of brain development and other physical features between H. floresiensis, H. sapiens and H. erectus.
3) Compare and contrast the hominins that lived about 2 million years ago in the same general area of Central East Africa: H. habilis, H. rudolfensis, P. boisei. In your opinion, which (any or all or none) appear to be ancestral to modern humans?
4) Compare and contrast the hominins that lived during the past 1 million – 500,000 years ago in various regions of the world: H. erectus, H. heidelbergensis, Archaic H. sapiens. In your opinion, are these distinctly separate species or could they be regional versions of the same pre-modern human species?
This assignment is a persuasive argument paper. In order to write a persuasive argument, you will have to decide your position on the subject. Critically assess the evidence for your chosen topic and discuss your thoughts in essay format.
Your paper must have an introduction, a clear thesis statement and a conclusion. Your thesis statement must appear at the end of your first paragraph. Your conclusion should demonstrate what you think about this subject. You might agree with current scientific interpretation of the evidence or you might disagree. The point of this paper is for you to state your position and back it up with research evidence.
DO NOT copy or paraphrase from Wikipedia, Answers.com, Enchanted Learning.com (or any source).
DO NOT use any blog sources or student-generated sites to gather information. These are not reliable.
DO NOT paraphrase or copy other people’s work in any form or format. This is plagiarism.
You will receive a “0” on this assignment if any part of it is plagiarized.
1) Name, date and topic in top left corner of the first page – NO TITLE PAGE, NO ABSTRACT.
2) Double-spaced, one-inch margins, 12-point font, spell-checked and proof-read for correct grammar.
3) Organized and logical flow of information presented in support of your clearly stated position.
4) Four full pages minimum, six-page maximum.
5) Use in-text citation every time you use a statement or concept from any source (textbook included).
6) Minimum of five (5) reliable sources must be used and documented in your source page.
6) All sources must be referenced in APA format on a separate sheet.
Papers without a source page will lose 5 points.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.