Write an essay to compare and contrast 3 authors view on Northwest Rebellion of 1885 within 2000-2500 words.
1. The Birth of Western Canada: A History of the Riel Rebellions by George F.G. Stanley
2. Riel and the Rebellion by Thomas Flanagan
3. Prairie Fire by Bob Beal & Rod Macleod
Key points to consider:
1. Find out a bit of info on 3 authors
2. Think about when they published, and its relations
3. See if one’s work is response to others
4. Mention what kind of history they are practicing
5. What type of sources are they using?
6. Key point – language they are using to discuss Louis Riel (Contrast point)
7. No need to narrative the background of Rebellion
Citing should be written in Chicago style, and 25-30 as minimum. Do not use direct quotatio