Assignment 1: Discussion—Competitiveness and Inventory Management
To be competitive, many fast-food chains expanded their menus to include a wider range of foods. Although contributing to competitiveness, this has added to the complexity of operations, including inventory management. In what ways did the expansion of menu offerings create a problem for inventory management? One form of inventory is safety stock, which is primarily carried by companies to ensure a variety of products is available at all times. However, safety stock ties up capital and hinders cash flow.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet, research safety stock.
Then respond to the following:
- As a manager, what recommendations could you provide to reduce inventories as it relates to safety stock?
- What parameters would lead you to believe that (a) large safety stock, (b) small safety stock, and (c) zero safety stock would be advantageous for the organization? Be sure to provide examples and data in support.
Assignment 2: LASA 1—Conducting an Organizational Assessment
Description of LASA:
In this assignment, you will assess an organization’s current position in the internal and external environment.
You have been hired as a consultant to evaluate the performance of a manufacturing or service organization. As part of your function, you need to assess the organization’s current position with regard to their business operations, strategy, and organizational structure, as well as identify potential ethical issues management may face. The executive management team has asked you to submit a report of your findings.
Choose a publicly traded manufacturing or service organization to be the subject of your work for LASA 1 and LASA 2. (You should choose a different organization than you have used for previous assignments.) Select an organization about which there is an abundance of information made readily available to the public (via the corporate website, industry publications, business journals, etc.).
In preparation for your report, conduct your review of the organization using the following approach:
- Evaluate the company’s business strategy and global competitiveness plan.
- Conduct an internal assessment using SWOT analysis.
- Assess the external environment via an external scenario evaluation.
- Sketch the company’s organizational structure.
- Using the tools of business process design, define the organization’s business process.
- Identify any potential ethical issues that may impact the traditional management functions of the company and recommend preventative measures.
Utilize at least three sources in your research. Your document should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Write an 8–10-page report in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.