Answer the follow questions regarding the article Parent Child Interaction Therapy in a Community Setting by Lanier et al. that is posted on Moodle.
1. Briefly explain the “coercion hypothesis” discussed in the section headed Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) on pp. 689-690. Do you think this hypothesis is reasonable? Why or why not? (5 points)
2. According to the section of the article identified above, what are the two components of PCIT? (2 points)
3. According to the Participants subsection of the Method section on p. 691 how was it determined whether a family would receive PCIT at home vs. in the office? (2 points)
4. Would you classify the design used in this study as a true experimental design? Justify your answer. (2 points)
5. Based on Figure 1 on p. 691 how many participants in the office treatment and home treatment groups, respectively, completed both CDI and PDI? (2 points).
Refer to the document “Table for Question 6” which is posted on Moodle to answer questions 6 and 7.
6. On which, if any, measures were there statistically significant changes from pretest to posttest for program completers? (2 points)
7. Would you consider any of the changes that were not statistically significant to be clinically meaningful? What makes you think they are clinically meaningful? Why do you think these changes did not reach statistical significance? (5 points) (Hint: You may find the PowerPoint presentation on Effect Size and Meta-Analysis to be helpful in answering this question).
8. Do you think the box-and-whisker plots shown in Figure 2 on p. 694 are an effective way of representing the results? Why or why not? (2 points)
9. In the section headed Attrition on p. 696 the authors discuss the differences they found between program completers and dropouts with respect to both demographic variables and outcome measures. Offer a tentative explanation for why one of these variables would have an impact on attrition. (3 points) Note: There are no right or wrong answers to this question. You will be graded on the thoughtfulness of your answer.
10. Was there any evidence to support the advantage of delivering PCIT at home either in terms of completion rate or in terms of changes in any of the dependent variables? Support your answer. (3 points)
11. Overall, to what extent do study findings support the conclusion that PCIT is an effective treatment? (7 points)
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.