Your cover letter and application from the Week Two Written Assignment was well received. You have been offered an interview for a position as a preschool teacher to work with a group of ten 3- and 4-year-olds in a half-day program which lasts for three hours each day. The program at this school subscribes to the statements in the position statement of the National Association for the Education of Young Children, entitled Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Early Childhood Programs Serving Children from Birth through Age 8. You have been asked to bring a week-long plan that demonstrates your ability to develop curriculum that is research based and represents a combination of the philosophies, theories, and concepts you have learned. Include the following in your Final Paper.
Writing the Final Paper:
- Title Page
- Name of Paper
- Student’s Name
- Course Name and Number
- Instructor’s Name
- Date Submitted
- Describe the topic and the scope of the paper
- Curriculum Plan for the Week
- Prepare a curriculum schedule for the week. You may use the format presented in Chapter 11 of the text (Figure 11.4), or you may create your own format. Examples of your curricular development must meet the needs of a diverse group of learners, including students with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Sample Integrated Activity Plan
- Prepare an activity plan that integrates two curricular areas (e.g., language arts/math or science/art). You may use the format presented in Chapter 11 of the text (Figure 11.1), or you may create your own format.
- This section will include a description of your curriculum organization, presentation, learning environment, methods of assessment and evaluation, plans for including and communicating with families, as well as plans for inclusion of children with special learning needs.
- Describe how learning environment supports the curriculum.
- Statement of how your plan reflects the values of the preschool program (NAEYC position statement), your vision for children, for the community, and why it is intellectually engaging for children and teachers.
The paper must:
- Use APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center to document all sources.
- Be eight to ten, doubled-spaced pages in length (not including the title page and the reference pages).
- Must include references to the given NAEYC position statement, the course text, and at least three additional resources.