Throughout this course, you are learning about modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors which are associated with various health and disease outcomes. For this assignment, you must conduct a personal risk assessment, including family history (e.g. speak to family members for information), for any given diseases or health conditions. This assessment should include all areas covered in class (e.g. genetics/heredity, SDH, psychological health, PA, diet/nutrition, weight status/body composition, stress, smoking, etc), as well as any additional risk factors which you might identify which might be relevant to certain diseases/conditions. You may need to skip ahead in the textbook or investigate outside sources to gain additional knowledge. Then, based on your assessment, you must choose one acute or chronic disease or heath condition for which you might be at greater risk.
Your submitted assignment should be 5-6 pages in length, not including the reference section.
Your paper must include the following 5 sections with headings (suggested length):
1. Introduction & Background (2 pgs) This section should be well-referenced, outlining the disease/condition of choice to the reader. Define the disease/condition you have chosen and provide the most important background information. For example, explain what the disease is and how it develops, why it is an important public health concern, what age group and/or gender it most commonly affects, what are the Canadian population Statistics, etc.
2. Non-Modifiable Risk Factors (1 pg) Describe the known non-modifiable risk factors for the disease/condition, based on documented literature (referenced).
3. Modifiable Risk Factors (1 pg) Describe the modifiable risk factors for the disease/condition, based on documented literature (referenced).
4. Perceived Risk (1 pg) Given your understanding of the factors reported in the previous sections, provide a strong rationale and justification for your perceived increased risk. How do these factors apply to you? Explain your answer. Refer back to the references you used previously.
5. Prevention Plan (1 pg) Provide an evidenced based 5-point prevention strategy applicable to yourself for reducing your risk of developing the disease/condition. How are you going to reduce your risk? Be specific. For example: If your chosen disease is CVD, one of your prevention strategies may be to reduce your LDL cholesterol by modifying a part of your diet (and provide references to show this would be a valid strategy).
Sections 1-3 should be written in the 3rd person; sections 4-5 may be written in the 1st person (but references must still be used for any facts or ideas that are not purely your own!).
Your paper should be typed with 1 margins, double spaced throughout, using 12 point Times New Roman font. Marks will be deducted if these guidelines are broken. Marks will also be deducted for spelling and grammatical errors.
Students are reminded of the ICE model discussed first day of class. Those receiving less than 100% on the spelling/grammar/writing component of Assignments #1-2 are especially encouraged to revisit these guidelines. Tips for Good Writing are also posted on URCourses.
Optimal marks (e.g. any chance at over 80%) require a minimum of 6 different reference sources, including a minimum of 3 scientific research papers (journal articles) used to support your writing.
for the format please follow the instructions
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.