Formatting guidelines are the same for both drafts.
1. Hard & soft copies: Type all work. The electronic (soft) copy of your document must be saved in a file format (such as .doc or .docx) that can be opened by Microsoft Word. Although MS Word can usually open documents created by other programs such as Open Office or Libre Office, this may change the formatting of your document, resulting in a loss of points.
When printing the paper (hard) copy of your assignment, you may make double-sided copies if you like, provided that both sides can be read easily. There is no penalty for printing single-sided copies if that is what you prefer. Staple all pages together.
2. General document settings. Use Times New Roman 12 point font for everything, including headers. Double space all lines. Use one-inch margins on all four sides of the paper.
Annotated bibliographies are unique in that annotations are left aligned, not indented like paragraphs in an essay. Also note that the right margin is left unjustified (or “ragged”). Do not justify the right margin
as this will skew the spacing within the lines and make your words hard to read, resulting in a loss of points.
3. APA 6th edition compliance: Format everything—title page, annotations, references, page numbers, et cetera—according to APA 6th edition guidelines. Use the resources provided to you (including but not limited to the model annotated bibliography and the student APA guide on Sakai) to do this.
When reviewing these resources, note what is not used. For example, you will not see bold print, underlining, or italics used on the title page. To do so in an APA style annotated bibliography is wrong.
4. Title page: Your title page must contain the following information formatted in APA style:
Title Assignment name (for example, Annotated Bibliography Draft 1) as a subheading Course name & number Your name Institution name Date submitted
See the model papers and other resources for details on how to order and format this information.
5. Put page numbers in the header at the top of the page on the right-hand side. The running head also goes in the header but on the left hand side. The student sample papers provide good models of this.
The Purdue OWL site is a great resource with loads of helpful information. However, you may find a few differences between the formatting guidelines there and the ones listed here. Follow the guidelines given in class and the assignment guidelines.
ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY DRAFT 1 CONTENT GUIDELINES
1.locate two (2) peer reviewed sources concerning your topic.
2. On an individual basis, write an annotation for each article. The word count limit for each annotation is 180 words. Each annotation must have four parts:
a. a reference: Use the APA guidelines to format this correctly according to its type. This part of the annotation is not included in the word count limit.
b. a summary: up to 60 words containing the 4 elements discussed in lecture: study’s main purpose and why it was conducted; methodological approach used; data collection (what and how); and results
c. an analysis: up to 100 words containing the following elements: strength and weakness of the research (what and why); a statement of value/significance of the article to readers interested in
the topic OR a description of any unique or interesting observations or information found in the article; and the intended audience for this article
d. a statement of use: up to 20 words. Explain how you intend to use the study in writing your literature review. Although you may later decide to use the study in another way, you should have some intended use for it in mind now.
NB: The word count ranges given for the summary and analysis are approximations based on the elements required for each. Figure that your analysis will be about 30 words longer than your summary.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]