The completion of this assignment requires you to demonstrate the ability to:
• Apply consistently in-depth knowledge and reference relevant global business management theory. Generate a variety of ways of tackling a selected problem and identify options that have a chance of success in different organizational, geographical and economical entities.
• Identify quantitative and qualitative “information gaps”, and the relevant sources needed to fill such lacunae. Prepare and use IT to aid efficient searching, evaluation and selection of information, exploring alternative lines of inquiry where appropriate. Present information effectively, including evidence to support your conclusions.
• Identify and critically assess in a comprehensive fashion the current strengths and weaknesses of the international organization(s) relative to its global environment. Evaluate and synthesize information from different sources, theories and principles, and communicate relevant information effectively, and with accuracy.
• Critically analyze the effectiveness of your strategy, including factors that had an impact on the outcomes, and identify ways to take the organization forward, and ways of further developing problem solving skills
Format for submission
The word limit is3,500 (+/-10%)
All work should be word processed using either Times New Roman or Ariel font, with line spacing of 1½ and justified.
A Reference list must be attached at the end of the report.
A minimum of 10peer reviewed academic sources is required.
Assignment: Assessing Potential Markets in Emerging Economies
Emerging economies are becoming key targets for companies wanting to expand in international markets. Often BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) have been identified in the literature as the key group of markets that are very attractive as destination for investment, export, and other forms of international business.
Star Trucks Ltd. is a trucks manufacturing company, with a production plant in Bedford, UK, and Head Office in London, UK. It markets its trucks mainly in the EU (European Union), the Middle Eastern,and other Mediterranean Region markets. Management has realized that these markets are nearly saturated and its new strategy is to go worldwide and get a good foothold in emerging markets.
Assume you are General Manager of a marketing consulting firm, Market Solutions International Ltd. The CEO of Star Trucks Ltd. has approached you to assess opportunities in the emerging markets. The following is the Brief you are given by the CEO:
“Considering Star Trucks Ltd. being a medium sized company we want to expand cautiously and step by step. While operating in all BRICS economies is a long term objective at first we want to identify the most prospective market to enter. To identify this market we need to research one country in each of the continents. i.e.:
Brazil (from South America)
India (from Asia), and
South Africa (from Africa)
We want to know which of these three markets the firm should enter first, therefore we want you to undertake a comparative analysis. In your analysis examine the investment environment, effects of governments’ interventionist policies, the market potential, the impact of regional integration initiatives, if any, and related issues with a clear identification of opportunities and threats in each of these markets. Recommend which country should the firm enter first, explain why, and indicate how it should enter this market with justification. Resource wise, we are confident that we will have no problem to undertake the opportunities your report will identify for us”.
Based on the above Brief prepare a report to the attention of the CEO of Star Trucks Ltd.
Details of marking criteria are as follows:
Assignment Marking Criteria (see also marking grid)
While marking your assignment we will be looking for evidence for how well you have addressed the question / issues. The following part explains the key points you should consider in preparing your assignment. It is also important to review the specifications and guidelines outlined in your unit handbook, such as ‘Learning outcomes’ along with the ‘Assessment Criteria’, ‘the Assignment Strategy’, etc.
1. Introduction: A brief introduction that provides the purpose of the report or its objectives and how the report is structured. Interpreting the question – this ideally should be clear within the introduction along with background / context.
2. Addressing the question / topic: The main body of the report where the question is addressed. (This part may have a few sections / sub-sections). The key criteria here include:
a. Research – evidence of systematic research approach, depth and breadth of research undertaken; application of some conceptual (theoretical / empirical) framework(s), etc.
b. Analysis – well focused on answering the question, depth and clarity of argument, organizing / summarizing collected information; answering the questions/tasks fully.
c. Scholarly practice – a proper referencing within the report (citations), employing appropriate International Business vocabulary, etc., the quality of the Reference section. (Harvard style of referencing).
3. Conclusion: A clear, concise, and relevant conclusion (and recommendations where appropriate). A conclusion where the key points that have emerged from the discussion are summarized, implications and where further investigation may be appropriate are stated.
4. Presentation: Neat layout, and headings / sub-headings where appropriate. Clarity of expression (appropriate language, grammar, spelling, etc.). Length of the report should be 3,500 (+/-10%) without including the reference section. Word-count at the end of the report. No attachments / appendices allowed.
Please note that the above does not necessarily provide you with the headings / subheadings to be used in your report. While generic headings such as ‘Introduction’, ‘Conclusion’, and ‘Recommendations’ would be appropriate and could be used in your report, other headings / subheadings would emerge from the issues you are researching. Headings / subheadings give a logical, sequential, and meaningful structure for your report.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.