The primary purpose of the term project is to have you explore, in modest depth, the operations function of a business of your choosing in order to connect real-world business operations with textbook theory and principles.
On completion of the project you should:
- Understand how a product or service is designed, produced and delivered to the customers.
- Have explored the spectrum of operations management activities conducted by the business.
In order to achieve these goals, you are expected to select a business or organization and complete the following activities. In general, you can choose from (1) a widely-known company where you can find information regarding the company from the company’s website, newsletters, media articles and reports, business cases, etc.; or (2) a local company that you or one of your team members have access to, you may learn about the company from your work or conduct interviews to find out.
1) Research, discover and document current operations. By asking questions and/or gathering available information (for example, operations charts, bills of material, master production schedules, service blueprints, job descriptions, facility blueprints, office layouts, organization charts, operation plans, policy statements, appointment schedules, mission statements, product/service catalogs, photographs, verbal explanations, or similar materials), you will determine how the business performs its operations activities. Specifically, you will discover and identify the business’ various inputs, its value adding transformation processes, and its outputs.
2) Analyze and describe the organization’s operations management practices, procedures, and policies. Carefully and in depth, describe how operations management strategy, design and operating functions are performed by your chosen business. Analysis should include at least two of the following topics:
- Strategy and competitive setting
- Capacity planning
- Managing for quality
- Training and development for employees
- Cost control
- Material control (inventory, supplies, etc.)
- Managing the supply chain
- Supply chain management
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]