This problem set introduces you to the use of SPSS for analyzing data with one IV and more than one DV to investigate comparison of means. You will perform a one-way between subjects MANOVA on the data and report your output.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• Download the SPSS/PASW data set from the website that is indicated in chapter “9B Exercises” at the end of chapter 9B of the textbook. (included)
Anxiety and Country
This study examined differences in anxiety level between an industrial country
and a nonindustrial country. Anxiety is assessed three ways—cognitive, affective, and
behavioral—with higher scores indicating higher levels of the anxiety dimensions.
Using the SPSS data file for Chapter 9B (located on the Web-based study site—
http://www.sagepub.com/amrStudy), answer the following questions.
1. Is MANOVA an appropriate statistical technique for this research? Explain.
2. Examine the mean scores on the anxiety dimensions between the two countries.
Do there appear to be mean differences between the two groups on the
three dependent variables?
3. According to the Wilks’s lambda test, is there a significant difference between
the two countries on the linear combination (the variate) of the dependent
4. What is the effect size? Is it weak, moderate, or strong?
5. Examine the univariate output. Do all the dependent variables demonstrate
6. Write a results section for this study.
PLEASE ANSWER ALL 6 QUESTIONS IN MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT. DO NOT WRITE THE ANSWERS COMPLETELY LIKE THEY ARE IN THE ANSWER SECTIONS. THIS PAPER WILL BE TURNED INTO “TURNITIN” TO BE CHECK FOR PLAGIARISM. pLEASE CHECK IT BEFORE SENDING IT TO ME. EXPLAIN YOUR REASONS FOR CHOOSING YOUR ANSWERS.
Perform the following tasks to complete this assignment:
• Conduct necessary analyses using SPSS so you can answer the questions listed in the exercise.
• Submit your responses to the exercise questions as a Word document.
• Submit the SPSS Output files showing the analyses you performed in SPSS to compute the answers for related questions